Hello I am Arthur Rayner owner of Aero Cycle Cars here in the UK www.aerocyclecars.com
This auction is for the company demonstrator car. I am building another, and of course I build custom cars and kits constantly.
This car for sale is a beetleback (rounded rear end) but I also build the barrelback (sloping rear end to which a spare wheel can be attached.
Firstly, the reserve on this car is over £10K GBP but less than £20K GBP, so the reserve is in between and under £16K.
To build a new car to this high specification will cost in excess of £23K which compares favourably with the new Morgan at £35KGBP.
It weighs 395Kg and at 75BHP has a greater power to weight ratio than the new Morgan. Morgan claim 115BHP, but they are wrong, their engine is approx. 80BHP and their car is 550Kg.
Now, if the price is too steep for you or you would like to build one, why not buy a kit?
A kit is a magnificent way to build a car at your own pace and is a splendid hobby....if you built anything from Meccano, or Airfix kits in your youth, you can easily build one of these! If you love tinkering with mechanical and electrical things, love motor cycle engines, crave nostalgia, and love being inverted in a biplane....this is for you!
I did all of the above many years ago, and still do. I have an aviation background, I'm 58 and thoroughly eccentric, and my clients tend to be like minded people, in fact some are well into their 80s and construct these vehicles!
Kits start from just £3K GBP (Kit 001), see details below and on the website.
Specification of this actual car in the auction:
1) Very low mileage (900) 1046cc EFI Moto Guzzi engine, five speed gearbox, from a 2003 California Stone bike. The mileage is now only 1600. The car was built in 2012 and was MSVA tested and registered in July 2012.
2) Aluminium bodywork. Aluminium bonnet halves with 48 louvres per side. Detachable front louvred lower quarter panels. Aluminium side panels with vertical rear louvres.
3) GRP nose cone, scuttle and rear upper cover.
4) Under bonnet polished aluminium "aero-deck" panelling, matching front face of scuttle and rear face of nose cone. Matching 22 litre fuel tank.
5) 19 inch Akront/Morad 40 spoke wire wheels laced to alloy hubs.
6) 19 x 4.00 Avon SM11 tyres.
7) Alloy adjustable shock absorbers.
8) Alloy uprights.
9) Alloy brake calipers, caliper brackets, 280mm x 6mm discs.
10) In-line reversing gearbox coupled to fully balanced split propshafts.
11) Vinyl upholstery. The seats in this car are a bench back with 2 squabs. Alternatively, I also sell tilting bucket seats.
12) Alloy tunnel cover.
13) Excellent storage space under rear cover, greater than motorcycle panniers.
14) Stainless steel mud-guards.
Check out my extensive website, www.aerocyclecars.com
You'll see starter kits which are comprehensive chassis/body packs, Kit 001.
The chassis is epoxy powder-coated, all aluminium body panels are fully cut and trimmed to fit and will have been trial fitted to ensure compliance. All GRP panels are fully trimmed and the rear cover is fitted to the chassis by Dzus fasteners. My customers seem surprised that I do all of this in the price. Under bonnet aero-deck panels are an extra cost. This is Kit 001.
You can also purchase a rolling chassis, see the website for pricing.
Any level of kit can be purchased including a complete, fully comprehensive kit of all parts, with or without a drive-train.
Email me for further details, firstname.lastname@example.org. or call me on 01273 843749 mobile 07976 312058
Ask me lots of questions....but don't take the piss and ask if I can fit other engines....I have a very low tolerance of time wasters, so please be decent and genuine!
The winning bidder is required to pay me £1000 immediately by paypal, and the balance within 7 days.